Duration – 3 days
Languages of the course – English and Ukrainian
City – Lviv
The importance of good leadership will only enlarge as we all continue resisting very volatile, complex and ambiguous situations.
The Lviv Business School of UCU in cooperation with the Center for Leadership of UCU and involving the Ian Ihnatowycz Institute for Leadership (Ivey business school, Western university of Ontario, Canada) have developed the unique program for leaders of the highest levels. It is designed to illuminate the most present-day issues: from leader’s role as mentor and coach to how to work with angry and irritated by the pandemic employees; from successful communication with stakeholders during the pandemic to rebuilding trust after the organizational crisis and determining key leadership indicators.
Value of the program
After the program you will:
- understand the main instruments of dealing with organizational culture and values; take them into account in the remote work conditions;
- find out what to focus your organization leaders on during the times of uncertainty and crisis;
- learn how to work with the instruments of blitz-analysis of your organization;
- receive tools for monitoring and coaching your team successfully;
- get familiar with a method of leaders’ evaluation through Key Leadership Indicators;
- receive tools for tracking mental health in your organization;
- get familiar with the principles of crisis communication.
You will work with 4 unique cases:
«3DP» case study:
- You will understand the need for reflection in the learning-to-lead process in order to develop self-awareness, which is essential to good leadership and leadership development.
- You will feel the importance of coaching, mentoring, and feedback for developmental purposes and hence personal growth as a leader.
- You will understand how to actively manage the leadership careers and the importance of identifying what is needed to be successful in the next job or leadership position.
- You will formulate a solid understanding of the factors that contribute to career derailment.
«Barry-Wehmiller» case study:
- You will find out how leadership impacts organizational culture, and organizational culture impacts performance through employee engagement.
- You will explore what really motivates or engages people.
- You will formulate and reflect on your personal assumptions about motivation.
- You will understand leaders’ responsibilities for the people in your organizations.
- You will gain insights in how to lead company transformational changes.
«Maple Leaf» case study:
- You will understand that leadership is a function of competencies, character and commitment.
- You will discuss how to rebuild trust after organizational crisis.
«Transparency International» case study:
- You will work with a simple, but highly effective environment monitoring instrument.
- You will understand how to evaluate leaders’ activities, if it is objectively impossible to show the results planned within the strategy (Key Leader Indicators).
- You will receive a check-list for your organization blitz-analysis.
1. Leadership character. 11 virtues model. Character and changes
- Why is good leadership important? Why is leadership character important and how to follow it correctly?
- What is the connection between organizational culture and leadership character?
- What are the most up-to-date system instruments for dealing with character and organizational culture?
2. Crisis management and communication
- What is the key to successful communication with stakeholders during crisis?
- What best crisis management practices shall be daily applied by leaders?
- How to rebuild trust towards leaders?
- What is the role of deep personal leadership in crisis?
3. Leadership development, mentoring and coaching
- Career derailment among high-potential employees: causes and influences on it.
- What is the role of leader in talent management?
- How to secure candid and effective conversation between leaders and employees?
- Why do coaching and mentoring not always happen? And how to see them from the right perspective?
- How to manage your leadership career?
4. COVID-19 and mental health in organizations. How to avoid loss because of employees health low level
- Mental stability culture: elaboration algorithm and implementation.
- How to improve stress resilience within team and prevent emotional issues?
- How the knowledge of mental issue patterns (exhaustion, obsession, depression and anxiety) can help leaders to elaborate mental health context among employees?
- Employees mental health improvement: implementation of relaxation, breathing and physical exercises.
5. How to lead with values and beliefs. Organizational culture management
- What influences employee engagement?
- What is the secret of employee motivation?
- Why is employee engagement important to any organization?
6. How to lead in VUCA context. Leadership and commitment
- How to timely scan the environment for uncertainty?
- Leader’s commitment: why is it important?
- What are Key Leadership Indicators and how to determine them?
- How leader’s commitment influences company organizational development?
Each training program section is accompanied by a case-study.
The program is designed for the top-management of technological companies, namely:
- owners, founders and CEO;
- HR Business Partners;
- other top-management leaders (СОО, СFO, СIO, etc.);
- participants, who seek to find out more about leadership by means of international-level Case studies.
Executive Education Program Manager
067 675 66 08
Ukraine, Lviv, 79000
Kozelnytska 2a str., office 414
+38 (067) 681 30 50