We invite you to visit a series of facilitated webinars titled «Leader’s character: building effective teams» organized by the Lviv Business School of UCU (LvBS) and the Center for Leadership of UCU. The last webinar of the series titled «Leadership – Key to One-Teaming» will take place on April 8. Together with Andrew Rozhdestvensky, CEO at Center for Leadership of UCU, we will discuss the topic of the article «One-Teaming: Gaining a Competitive Edge through Rapid Team Formation and Deployment» by Gerard Seijts, Executive Director of Ian O. Ihnatowycz Institute for Leadership at Ivey Business School (Canada).
The modern world dictates the terms where fast and effective team building is extremely important. On the one hand, it gives a competitive advantage in the market, and on the other – it is impossible to implement quality innovations without it.
Good examples of real cases (Fire at Mann Gulch, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA’s) experiences with the Apollo 13 and Columbia spacecraft, and the tragic events that unfolded on Mount Everest in 1996) will help us better understand the critical role of one teaming and define options for impacting the situation for the leader.
During our webinar we are going to cover the following areas:
- The role of the leader in one-teaming
- What strengthens and weakens team unity?
- How can companies create team unity values?
- Is a leader’s humility the key to creating an effective and cohesive team?
The webinar will be moderated by Andrew Rozhdestvensky, CEO at Center for Leadership of UCU.
Where: Zoom (we will send you a letter on the day of the event with a link to the meeting).
When: April 8, 18:30
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Participation is free of charge on the condition of pre-registration.
Gerard Seijts is the Executive Director of Іan O. Ihnatowycz Institute for Leadership in Ivey Business School. And what is more he:
- is actively engaged in research activities, resulted in scientific articles publications;
- received a PhD degree in the University of Toronto;
- is an award winner for scientific studies, innovations in teaching and public awareness campaigns;
- lectures at postgraduate programs EMBA, MBA and other Master’s programs such courses as Leadership, change management, organizational behavior and operations, and personnel management ;
- is the author of different cases on many topics such as cases about Leadership, leader’s character, change management, crises management, teams, corporate culture, conflict management in teams;
- is the author and co-author of 4 books: Leadership on Trial: A Manifesto for Leadership Development; Good Leaders Learn: Lessons from Lifetimes of Leadership; Developing Leadership Character; Leadership in Practice: Theory and Cases in Leadership Character.